The other day as I was looking for something I came across an old notebook, this I should say isn't a new phenomena, I have several at a time. But as I flipped through the pages of this particular one I realized just how old it was - it had lots of notes on blogging from before I actually started blogging. The pages were filled with ideas for names, little sketches of logos, and "future" post ideas. One of the ideas at the very top of the latter list was the what's in my bag blog post. It was then that I realized I never did a single one of these. So I thought I'd remedy that and do it now. And I must admit that, though it is now years later, this post probably isn't much different than it would have been then, -neither the bag itself, nor the contents have probably changed much (I've mentioned I am a creature of habit, non?).
1. I am pretty sure Tano doesn't make this exact style anymore because I've had this wallet for at least five years (and I still have no desire or need for a new one). I did find this one that is similar.
2. Me and this well-worn leather bag go way way back. It's a winter staple for me and every spring I feel a little sorrow upon our parting (I'd share the brand but I got it in a local boutique and the inner tag wore away long ago. I wish I could remember because I'd love another).
4. My bag wouldn't be complete without a moleskine notebook and a moleskin notebook wouldn't be complete without precise V5 pen.
5. Everyone has some Bonne Bell Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers in their bag, right? I have had a minor obsession with it for about 20 years (at least). But to balance it out I try to use organic lipstick. I never, ever leave home without one or the other applied (and back-ups in my bag).
6. When I was younger I was definitely on the side of hippy (I think they call it bohemian now) and two things have stuck with me since those days: oil and incense. I have an ever growing collection of essential oils and perfume oils. My favorite is the line from Kate's Magik.
7. Ray Ban's in the new wayfarer black with matte finish.
8. Phone. Not much to say on that one.
9. A book! Unless I am running straight to the store and back I always bring along a book. Always have and always will despite the fact that I can never, ever read in public. Well, I can read the same sentence over and over again about 500 times, but I can never actually get any reading done in a public place. Still I continue to overfill my bag with them. This was the last one I read and it was a really fun read.
*not pictured: 27 crumpled receipts, gum wrappers, "doggy bags," misc. garbage from my children, & crumbs of mystery*